Organization for Community Development (OCD)
Organization for Community Development (OCD) is a benevolent, non-governmental registered organization, promoting integral development and sustainable peace. OCD works for the holistic development of marginalized segment of the society without any discrimination of caste, creed, race, gender, religion and ethnicity. Our initiatives involve and engage neglected, marginalized and downtrodden grassroots communities prone to risk.
We work towards socio economic uplift of women, children, youth, minorities, farmers and other groups with special needs, living in poverty and social exclusion. The main thrust of the organization is to facilitate communities to take collective developmental actions for social transformation. As a community-based organization, we are determined to work for poverty alleviation by sensitizing and organizing communities to mobilize resources for common actions to empower them by providing opportunities for dignified lifestyle.
OCD is registered under the Voluntary Social Welfare Agencies (registration & control) ordinance, 1961 (XLVI of 1961) on April 24, 2001, subsequently registered under The Punjab Charities Act 2018 on November 23, 2020.
Problems bring Challenges;
Challenges bring Opportunities;
Opportunities bring Change;
And Change is Development.
Go to the people, live with them,
Love them and learn from them,
Start work with them, with what they know,
Build on what they have,
But with creative and committed leaders,
So at the end when the work is done,
The people will rejoice and say that,
“We have done it by ourselves” — Lao Tzu
- To practice honesty, integrity & trustworthiness
- To communicate sensitively and compassionately
- To show utmost respect for all human life & nature
- To promote support & teamwork, preference to competition
- To work in a sustainable & socially responsible way
- Not to permit consideration of any factor to affect attitude towards any person
- International Association for Community Development
- Asian NGO Coalition for Agrarian Reform and Rural Development, Philippines ANGOC
- Conference Of NGO’s In Consultative Relationship With Un Geneva CONGO
- Girls Not Brides
- NPeace Network Asia